Have any questions?
+44 1234 567 890
In addition to the classic sale of companies, part of companies resp. equity holdings, for example corporate groups and financial investors, succession management is another primary focus of our service range, as arranging one’s own succession is, for many owners, one of the greatest challenges an SME can face. Aside from maximising the sale price, ensuring that a company’s established corporate values are upheld and, most importantly, that jobs are also safeguarded, is of central importance during this process. Carefully planning the succession at an early stage and initiating a structured sale process is the key factor in ensuring that life’s work is able to enjoy a smooth transition of life’s work. – Click here to request the succession management report.
The first key stage in preparing for the sale is to carry out a critical analysis of the company’s development, status quo, prospects and strategy. This provides a soundbasis for the sale process and the preparation of all the transaction-relevant records and documents required for approaching potential investors.
Here is a breakdown of the various transaction stages involved in a company sale:
- Preparing all necessary transactional, financial and marketing documents, consisting of a short profile (teaser), confidentiality agreement, information memorandum (incl. equity story, historical figures and corporate planning)
- Research, identification, selection of potential buyers/investors (longlist – shortlist)
- Approaching the potential buyers/investors
- Handing over the information memorandum and a detailed description of the future transaction process (process letter) based on a signed non-disclosure agreement (NDA)
- Coordinating initial discussions with interested potential investors
- Obtaining indicative offers from interested investors and assisting with the selection of the bidder with whom further discussions appear promising
- Helping the client to prepare a specific management presentation and set up the electronic data room for the due diligence process
- Coordinating and managing the future transaction process incl. the due diligence that is to be conducted by the buyer (e.g. organising the Q&A process)
- Assisting with contractual negotiations in close coordination with the client’s lawyers, tax consultants and auditors up until the contract signing or closing
- Should any changes or additions to the management team be required, we can also act as your HR consultant to help you find and select suitable candidates
>> HR Consultancy