Sale of Companies
The following points require careful consideration when selling companies or company shares:
Initially, a critical evaluation of the company’s development, the current situation, and the business’s prospects must take place. This is important because otherwise, it will not be possible to determine a range for the attainable sale price. In addition, it needs to be calculated which category of buyer will receive the highest added benefit – and therefore be willing to pay a high purchase price.
On this basis, we examine the following steps in cooperation with the client:
- Research and contact potential investors on the basis of a so-called "blind profile"
- Obtain information and determine concrete purchasing interest
- Prepare a memorandum, bearing in mind the fundamental criteria from the potential buyers point of view
- Issue an evaluation of the business
- Prepare and initiate direct conversations with investors on the basis of corresponding confidentiality statements
- Investigate, from the buyers side, the specific interests and potential negotiation strategy based on as many sources of information as possible
- Obtain background information which may strengthen the negotiating position of the seller
- Supervise, moderate and document negotiations throughout the period, up to the signing of the contract